Marlee Tomlinson, PC'17
I've kept a list of every movie I've ever watched, and this seems like the perfect time to share some of my absolute favorites! Quarantine can't keep us down!
1. Can't Buy Me Love: This one’s a classic high school romance! Nerdy boy meets popular girl, and, well, you’ll just have to see what happens! (Hulu)
2. Dirty Dancing: It’s one of the best chick-flicks of all time! A true romantic drama! Now if only we could take dance lessons from Patrick Swayze. (Try recreating this move in your living room for another quarantine activity.)
3.Father of the Bride: The perfect combination of comedy and romance, perfect for movie night with the fam. Will be sure to make you laugh (and maybe cry, but only a little)!
4.How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: Two words. Matthew Mcconaughey. I never get tired of watching him ride in on his motorcycle… The rest of the movie’s great too! (Hulu)
5. Hitch: Will Smith takes on the role of the “date doctor” in this all time favorite! Proof that men do in fact need a little training when it comes to love. (Netflix & Hulu)
6. Made of Honor: McDreamy falls for his best friend while she’s away, then he finds out she’s engaged! He agrees to be her Maid of Honor, but what happens next, I can’t say! (Hulu)
7. Pretty Woman: Julia Roberts plays a modern day Cinderella in this classic romance, reminding us to never give up on the fairytale!
8. Runaway Bride: Julia part two! Except this time she plays Maggie Carpenter, a woman who can’t seem to make it down the aisle. This 90s romance will have you smiling the whole time!
9. Something Borrowed: What happens when you borrow the groom? This movie shows the struggles of love, friendship and the messy in-betweens!
10. Sweet Home Alabama: Everything’s better in Alabama, including this all time classic! This movie is the perfect feel good rom-com, featuring our southern girl, Reese Witherspoon. #RollTide
11. The Devil Wears Prada: Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep working at a New York fashion magazine! I won’t even mention the Chanel boots. “That’s all.”
12.The Proposal: This movie shows what happens when you marry your boss as part of a business deal. Also Betty White plays Ryan Reynold’s grandmother, so you know it’s good!
13. The Wedding Planner: Does the right person at the wrong time mean the wrong person? Or does that just make for a better love story? Watch JLo and our boy Matthew Mcconaughey to find out. (Hulu)
14. When Harry Met Sally: This legendary movie tries to answer the age old question, can men and women be just friends?? (Hulu)
15. You’ve Got Mail: In love online but business enemies in real life? Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan star in this feel good classic, taking us back to a time when texting wasn’t even a thing. This one’s a must see!
Grab your favorite flavor of Boom-Chicka-Pop and enjoy!!!