Raegan Hall, PC'19, is using her art skills to show us how to make the cutest homemade earrings!
"Super easy, super cheap and super cute diy earrings. I got everything I needed from walmart for maybe 30 dollars and made a bunch and still have tons of clay!"
-sculpley air dry clay
-X-acto knife or small knife
-roller ( I used a wine bottle )
-varnish ( i used a wood varnish )
-super glue/ jewelry glue
1. draw out designs for your earrings - look up “ceramic earrings” on pinterest for ideas! i also made paper stencils to help me cut out my shapes accurately.
2. cut out a section of clay and use the roller to flatten it out. you want to make the clay very thin ( around 1/8 inch )
3. cut out the shapes of you earring using an X-Acto knife or small knife. MAKE SURE to add small holes for your earring rings and hooks if needed ( i used the head of a bobby pin ).
4. let the clay completely dry ( takes a few hours )
5. paint your design onto the dry clay.
6. once paint dries, apply varnish. and let dry completely ( have the wet varnished earrings on a disposable plate or pan bc the varnish is not removable )
7. add the earring rings and hooks where needed and glue on the earring posts where needed! let the glue dry.
8. be pretty in your homemade ceramic earrings! :)